ETC Swiss Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G ...
Voir le deal
389 €

Tournoi par Equipes 6

+11
koroyosh
ABT
2dipicche
Murglud
darksteve
Pulps
Dim
Biboun
ledwarfou
Xavier
Francescozey
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tournoi par Equipes 6 Empty Tournoi par Equipes 6

Post  Francescozey Tue 30 Oct - 12:47

Hi everybody!

the club of Sion is proud to announce its next tournament on 2 and 3 March 2013.

Four players teams, 2500 points, "ETC friendly" rules...

More informations on T3.

PS: to de Swiss German players: Could you make some advertisement for this tournament on the Swiss-German forums? It would be nice if well have few swiss-german teams.

thanks, see you soon

Francesco

Francescozey

Back to top Go down

Tournoi par Equipes 6 Empty Re: Tournoi par Equipes 6

Post  Buchi Tue 30 Oct - 13:38

Hi Francesco,

excellent news about another round of this tournament and glad to hear that rules will be at least close to ETC rules!
Would it probably be an option for you to use a draft of the new ETC rules for 2013 in case they are available by say end of January?

As soon as there is something on T3 we will start advertising and try to bring in teams. I suppose that probably 2-3 siwssgerman teams might come.
Problem mainly is not a lack of interest but quite a lot of players only have 1 day of the weekend available or do not have enough connections to form a team. But we will try and convince as many as possible.
What would be of great help would be rules at least in English. If we get those, I will gladly translate them into proper german asap so that you can upload them on T3.

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  2dipicche Tue 30 Oct - 17:29

It would be great to play using ETC rules.

Anyway: I'll be there Smile
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  Xavier Tue 30 Oct - 18:13

I also think we should use ETC rules, since the difference between ours and those of the ETC are 90% the same (so it makes no difference to normal players when it does make a difference to us)

And thus we have directly the rules in english Wink

Another thing I was thinking about, is to try to balance our teams, to gain some challenge Smile

Xavier
Xavier
Admin

https://swiss-etc.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ledwarfou Tue 30 Oct - 22:17

I m a pro ETC rules too Smile

Another thing I was thinking about, is to try to balance our teams, to gain some challenge

Great idea, like this we can try to play as it was ETC, at least close to it Smile

ledwarfou

Back to top Go down

Post  2dipicche Tue 30 Oct - 23:36

Xavier wrote:
Another thing I was thinking about, is to try to balance our teams, to gain some challenge Smile

For a lot of reasons I don't like this idea.
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Wed 31 Oct - 7:06

I can understand the wish for "equal" teams, but to be honest, what exactly will that change and what kind of new or better insight will it bring to the captains?

Were the ETC tourneys not also supposed to help as one of many factors in deciding who should be in the team? If so, "equaling" out teams will not help to this purpose imo.

Also it might be very difficult to achieve this "equality" and if one is afraid, that teams might not be that, then those teams that see themselves behind, should start to train HARD. jocolor

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Biboun Wed 31 Oct - 8:35

Buchi wrote:I can understand the wish for "equal" teams, but to be honest, what exactly will that change and what kind of new or better insight will it bring to the captains?

Trainingwise, if you group all the best players in 2 teams (let's say 2 teams of 4), then the player of the said teams will have the possibility of playing only 1 of the 7 others, which makes it less valuable from a training point of view IMO.

Cheers,

Biboun
Biboun
Biboun

Back to top Go down

Post  ledwarfou Wed 31 Oct - 10:08

Trainingwise, if you group all the best players in 2 teams (let's say 2 teams of 4), then the player of the said teams will have the possibility of playing only 1 of the 7 others, which makes it less valuable from a training point of view IMO.

Cheers,

Biboun

Fully agreed!

ledwarfou

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Wed 31 Oct - 10:14

Agreed, but, spreading those 8 best players in say 8 teams with 3 not so good players at their side each, will not change that really, as it is very unlikely, that the best player of say Team A will be paired against the best player of team B. Hence in the worst case your equaling out approach will even cancel out the 1 sure matchup of 2 of the best players. Likelyhood is so, that statistically this approach will also only yield 1 best player matchup during the whole tournament per team.
So nothing gained in this respect imo.

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Biboun Wed 31 Oct - 10:18

True, chances are rather thin, maybe statistically upped if you put two in 4 teams of 4 ?

Thus instead of 1 hard game, you might get to two, but nothing more I agree.
Biboun
Biboun

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Wed 31 Oct - 10:33

That would indeed increase chances to something about 2 games of best players against each other but some might 3-4 and some might get 0. So the training effect is still doubtful

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Xavier Wed 31 Oct - 11:06

I was just saying that if we could avoid two "Dream Team" only, it would be nice Smile

Another solution would be to rank all the player at the beginning of the tournament (using a corrected T3 index), divide the pool of players in four groups and that form the teams randomly with a player fo each group... then people from the best group play against the other one for the best group and so on... don't hit me please !
Xavier
Xavier
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dim Wed 31 Oct - 11:38

I'm in favor of exact ETC rules for that tournament. It will be better balanced and train us for the real condtions of ETC.

Dim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2dipicche Wed 31 Oct - 11:39

Even using ETC limits (that I choose simply because I prefer them) and trying to build "fair" teams this tournament will have nothing to do with the real ETC. And the reason is simple: we will anyway have only 4 players (and army) for team.

This mean, and this is a thing that I understood playing this kind of tournament, that the army composition strategy change a lot. Defensive army are not necessary (maximum 1 maybe) and the match is played on the field and not on the ability of pairing each army. So I don't see it as a possibility of testing our armies (it will anyway too early for that) but just as a chance to play friendly with our friends.

And it's anyway a tournament, people as to travel, to pay, to sacrifice a weekend and want to have fun. So why force them to play with someone that they don't like? Unfortunally there are a lot of swiss players that, personally, I don't like. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this idea.

Said that, even putting 1 (or 2) "top" players in each team will not generate more interesting matches. Probably the top player would play an aggressive army list, so why 2 armies build up only to score should play together ?
On the other side, building 2/3 dreamteams will certainly force them to play one against the other creating something really interesting even in the pairing part of the match.
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  ledwarfou Wed 31 Oct - 11:54

Another solution would be to rank all the player at the beginning of the tournament (using a corrected T3 index), divide the pool of players in four groups and that form the teams randomly with a player fo each group... then people from the best group play against the other one for the best group and so on... don't hit me please !

I will never do it because I lost my eyes trying to read this shit ^^

ledwarfou

Back to top Go down

Post  Dim Wed 31 Oct - 12:53

There is also such an event in Paris in February. What I wanted to say is that the tournament should stick to some rules of ETC, like line of sight, ...
Of course this is not ETC, but the more you play in the restrictions, the better you'll be.

Dim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pulps Wed 31 Oct - 13:23

I hope I'll be there too, but it should be ok with the school

Pulps

Pulps

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Mon 10 Dec - 8:18

A quick question to the organizers:

Would it be possible to use this forum to make the armylists public after the submission deadline? That would make it closer to ETC and teams could gain some experience in pairing in advance.

If you need help with that, I am happy to offer it and am sure others will as well.

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Francescozey Mon 10 Dec - 8:56

Sure!

When deadline be finished, we'll post the lists on this forum. But it will be short, the deadline is appr. 1 week before tournament.

Francescozey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Mon 10 Dec - 9:04

Great news - thanks!

A week is ok, if the deadline is that short, but could we probably make the deadline a bit earlier? I mean, the tournament is known well in advance. Rules will not change (at least not that much) and armylists from the last ETC and how they performed are all available as a starter.
Just a suggestion though. I am already happy that we have that chance in pairing in advance.
Probably DIM could test his program with that as well.

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  2dipicche Tue 11 Dec - 23:09

I have another idea actually, as we want to train for the ETC it would be good to count points in a way similar to ETC. What I mean?

Modify the lower bound to 30 points and the upper one to 50 (instead of 60-100), and for the rest count the results exactly as they do at the ETC (the team that has more points, after application of the bounds, win the tournament). This way you remove the possibility that the last round will become compleatly useless (last year we could just draw the last round and win anyway the tournament) and makes things really more interesting.
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  Xavier Wed 12 Dec - 6:18

I totally agree with Alan, I was myself about to propose the same idea Smile

This way you also reduce the importance of crushing down small teams in order to get the maximum of points.
Xavier
Xavier
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Wed 12 Dec - 8:37

Also strongly support that idea - keeps it far more interesting over the course of a tournament.

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  darksteve Wed 12 Dec - 8:51

+1 Wink

darksteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next