ETC Swiss Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le coffret Collection Alakazam-ex ?
Voir le deal

Rules issues

+6
darksteve
Biboun
Buchi
Dim
2dipicche
Xavier
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rules issues Empty Rules issues

Post  Xavier Mon 24 Sep - 11:31

Just a topic where we can discuss about rules issues.

I open it just to say that some players (included Alan) made a mistake:

Q: If a Wizard has had his level reduced to 0 and he still knows one or more spells, can he attempt to cast them? (p31)
A: No.

Because I just read it Smile
Xavier
Xavier
Admin

https://swiss-etc.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Rules issues Empty Re: Rules issues

Post  2dipicche Mon 24 Sep - 14:10

oops Smile

Actually i said it to Biboun but after he someone checked the rules and told us that a lvl0 wizard could still cast spells.
So I played like this against John without thinking about it...
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  Dim Tue 25 Sep - 7:15

Another issue:

What if a unit is pushed out of the table with the second spell of heaven?
Buchi told me that a FAQ clarified this and that the unit is removed, but I could not locate the FAQ.

Dim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xavier Tue 25 Sep - 8:05

We were wondering the same with Antoine, because we couldn't find anything in the FAQ...

But that would be so overpowered Razz
Xavier
Xavier
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Tue 25 Sep - 10:49

It has been ruled like this against me in a tournament in Germany and it was stated that a FAQ is supporting this ruling. In the game against Dim I have hence played it this way as Dim pushed one of my units out of the table I considered it destroyed, like falling from the edge of the world. Smile

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  2dipicche Tue 25 Sep - 13:32

Pag27, you can't exit the table if you are not fleeing, pursuing.
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Tue 25 Sep - 18:44

So what happens instead? Is it considered as impassable terrain or as open terrain but you just stop?

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  2dipicche Tue 25 Sep - 19:33

Let's see:

The unit can move (actually if you cast the spell from another direction you can move it), so no hits.

The unit can't be pushed out from the table, so it is not removed.

Sides of the table are no more impassible terrains (I couldn't find it, as it was in 7th edition).

So I would say that no hits are allocated.
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Fri 28 Sep - 7:53

Interesting Smile

Another question - Skaven have a rule "Might from Mass" or something like that, which grants them +1 leadership per rank.

Now in 7th edition, fleeing units had no ranks, in 8th edition rulebook I could not find such a reference under fleeing anymore. Did I miss something or do get fleeing Skaven now their rankbonus on leadership when fleeing and rolling to recover?

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Xavier Fri 28 Sep - 22:18

I don't have my Skaven armybook, but isn't it said that they get a +1 leadership per rank bonus (hence the max +3)

And as fleeing units do not have rank bonus, as well as those charged from the flank by a unit big enough, that's why they do not have the bonus on their leadership in such occasion.

Xavier
Xavier
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2dipicche Sat 29 Sep - 11:43

Where did you find that a fleeing unit doesn't have ranks ?
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Sat 29 Sep - 20:19

Told you Xavier Smile

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Biboun Mon 1 Oct - 12:10

The lvl 0 mage story was what Hammer told me and he had a FAQ in his hand! But guess he was wrong yes
Biboun
Biboun

Back to top Go down

Post  Xavier Mon 1 Oct - 15:08

haha Buchi, I just downloaded the Skaven armybook... and I think to clarify your point you just need to read again what's written under "strenght in numbers"

first determine the unit's leadership as normal and then add the rank bonus of the unit to this value, up to a maximum of 10

If for any reasons the unit loses its rank bonus, it also loses its leadership bonus. For instance fleeing units do not have rank bonus, so fleeing units have to use their normal leadership value

cheers
Xavier
Xavier
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  2dipicche Mon 1 Oct - 18:37

Xavier wrote:
haha Buchi, I just downloaded the Skaven armybook... and I think to clarify your point you just need to read again what's written under "strenght in numbers"

first determine the unit's leadership as normal and then add the rank bonus of the unit to this value, up to a maximum of 10

If for any reasons the unit loses its rank bonus, it also loses its leadership bonus. For instance fleeing units do not have rank bonus, so fleeing units have to use their normal leadership value

cheers

This answer at my question, this is why I couldn't find it on the rulebook. I was almost sure on that (and I told you that, in my opinion, you were right at the tournament) but not finding it was driving me crazy Very Happy
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  Biboun Fri 5 Oct - 11:38

Question :

How does it happen with regards to spells my sorcerer orcs can choose, knowing that both of them are lvl 4 in the big waagh ? I'm going to bring out an example to illustrate what I want to do :

First lvl 4 goes for his spells and rolls 1,4,5,6. I keep those spells and don't choose the core spell. Then the second lvl 4 goes for his spells and rolls 1,2,4,5. As I have now a few doubles, I guess I have to swap one the spells (let's say 1) for the number 3. Now what about the spell 4 and 5 ? They are doubles two, can I keep them or swap them for the 6 or 1 ?

Can't figure that out, help please Smile

Cheers,

Biboun
Biboun
Biboun

Back to top Go down

Post  darksteve Fri 5 Oct - 11:54

No, it's not possible to double a spell other than the signature spell (except you have a loremaster or similar ability to choose the spell).

This means, if you have to level 4 wizards with a lore with 7 spells, both should take the signature spell, otherwise one of them has only 3 spells.

darksteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Fri 5 Oct - 12:27

Xavier wrote:

cheers

But that was based on the 7th edition rules ( the Skaven book ist still from that time), where fleeing indeed cost you the rank bonus. Now in 8th that is not anymore the case as the core rule book does not know losing rank bonus when fleeing anymore as far as I know and that is, why Alan could not find it.
Now, I know that army books overrule the core rule book, but if that was the case then shooting with canons or bolt throwers and the like at fleeing units would only ever net a maximum of 1 casualty as fleeing units would have no ranks. I have never someone seen who played that way in all of 8th edition. Did anyone of you?

Issue is really interesting though!

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Biboun Fri 5 Oct - 13:02

darksteve wrote:No, it's not possible to double a spell other than the signature spell (except you have a loremaster or similar ability to choose the spell).

This means, if you have to level 4 wizards with a lore with 7 spells, both should take the signature spell, otherwise one of them has only 3 spells.

Thanks Smile
Biboun
Biboun

Back to top Go down

Post  2dipicche Fri 5 Oct - 13:56

Buchi wrote:
Xavier wrote:

cheers

But that was based on the 7th edition rules ( the Skaven book ist still from that time), where fleeing indeed cost you the rank bonus. Now in 8th that is not anymore the case as the core rule book does not know losing rank bonus when fleeing anymore as far as I know and that is, why Alan could not find it.
Now, I know that army books overrule the core rule book, but if that was the case then shooting with canons or bolt throwers and the like at fleeing units would only ever net a maximum of 1 casualty as fleeing units would have no ranks. I have never someone seen who played that way in all of 8th edition. Did anyone of you?

Issue is really interesting though!

Thomas not having "ranks" and not having "bonus rank" are two different things. I couldn't find it because I searched in the rulebook, if the skaven book says that a fleeing unit doesn't have rank bonus it means that fleeing-skaven-units-doesn't-have-ranks-bonus.

In addition to that I woulds add that a bolt thrower (and a cannon too) in 8 edition can kill one model per rank of skirmishers units. Even if they never get bonus they have ranks...
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Fri 5 Oct - 14:11

Thanks - that clarifies it for me! cheers

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Biboun Tue 16 Oct - 12:04

Question :

Can you go over the "ETC limit" of 4-5 dices with a power stone to throw a spell ? Smile

Cheers,

Biboun
Biboun
Biboun

Back to top Go down

Post  darksteve Tue 16 Oct - 12:14

No, there are no exceptions as far as I know.

darksteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Biboun Tue 16 Oct - 12:16

Okay thanks!
Biboun
Biboun

Back to top Go down

Post  sevic Mon 5 Nov - 20:49

Do someone knows if the leadership of the dark elf assassin (10) count for the 0 spell of Death's lore?

sevic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next