ETC Swiss Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à ...
Voir le deal

First Bretonian armylist

3 posters

Go down

First Bretonian armylist Empty First Bretonian armylist

Post  Xavier Tue 10 Nov - 19:06

Hey Hey,

I'm opening the new 9th Age forum with my first shot of an armylist with the new Brets.
It's just an example of what the new book brings, and a description of the new stuff I found.

Basically the first big advantages I see with the new book:
1) not having to put the lord on pegasus to take 2+ units of peg knights
2) the virtue that gives +1 ward save to the unit for 60pts... since Brets tend to make big units
3) gain of crossbows and bolthrowers, which compensate the trebuchet that are more expensive...

1 lord, quest, virtue of audacity, giant sword, luck charm, dragonscale, holy attack 300
Basically a character with 4A S7 that reroll everything against higher toughness or strenght, plus gives stubborn in that case. The quest vow gives him double damage against monstruous cavalry and monsters which makes him really dangerous against what is dangerous for my knights. The protection is ensiure by the BSB and its cheated virtue

1 level 4 heaven, wafers of penitence 260
The classic, I love the new lore of heaven for the attribute and the rerolls it gives, it's just awesome in a big bus of knights. The wafers allows to increase a dispel attempt after you throw the dice, which is just great because so many times you miss a dispel because of 1-2.

1 BSB, virtue of the saint, lance, helm of holy enlightment 230
This virtue... it gives +1 ward save to the whole unit ! So always 5+ and 4+ if S5 or more. I love it, because it protects all your characters for 60pts (also because coupled with MR2 you protect the whole unit against spells)

1 damsel, lore of light, dispel scroll 100
lore of light, very useful to have a small magic missiles that could be great against undead and otherwordly creatures (also because of the lore attribute that gives holy attacks to the target)

1 paladin, lance, heavy hand weapon, enchanted shield, magic resistance 2 134
The swiss knife paladin with his 1+ and with the heavy hand weapon that gives S5 against infantry. I like it !

1 paladin, lance, heavy hand weapon, 99

11 kingdom knights FCG, banner of discipline 308
the big bus, with their super wardsave. I think I am going to love them !

9 errants MC 173
The unit to potentially switch characters, but mainly to serve as a bunker for the level 4 if need be

5 aspirant knights knights, musicien  95
some cheap chaff, but that also charge with 3D6 on their first charge and they are therefore very useful at keeping away the opponent light troops when I pray

2x10 crossbowmen 2x70
I wanna try them, because now with S4 they can be really threatening for light troops but also deal some damage to 2+ armour or T5 units

10 bowmen, flaming attacks 70

2x3 pegasus, barding, devastating charge 2x180
I decided not to pay the vanguard because it's a bit too expensive, but I paid for the other two options to have 1) 3+ armoure save and 2) 2 attacks per knights in charge because now they have S6 in charge, which opens a lot of opportunities to charge things they couldn't handle before.

2 bolt throwers, apprentice 2x65
The trebuchet are a bit expensive imho, so I want give the bolt throwers a try. Since they have multiple wounds (ordnance) they can potentially kill a dragon in one turn, and thus they will have the same psychological effect as canons and the big monsters will have to hide behind the hills. The only problem is the BS3 but I think they are still great for less than the price of a trebuchet, and as I said big psychological advantage
Xavier
Xavier
Admin

https://swiss-etc.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

First Bretonian armylist Empty Re: First Bretonian armylist

Post  Xavier Wed 11 Nov - 8:29

I just noticed several things :

- aspirant knights only have light armour and hence a 3+ armour save affraid
- the virtue of the saint doesn't work on characters, its is therefore that as good as I thought...
Xavier
Xavier
Admin

https://swiss-etc.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dim Wed 11 Nov - 11:36

Virtue of saint is for a grail knight bus. 4+ ward always Rolling Eyes

Dim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pulps Tue 17 Nov - 19:48

Virtue of the saint is quite expensive but the grail knight now are the most convincing thing in the book. 6 knights with FCG and fire banner for 270pts melts plague bearers almost like old clanrats: 3+/2+ when charging and 3+/3+ after and no saves (without distracting)!!

I personally quite like the aspirant knights: 85pts for 5 knights with impact hits S4 and a 20+(more or less) avarage range in the first charge. good cleaners.

Barding gives now 2+ AS to the pegasi: very expensives but they still remain very useful.

I tried the purity virtue for a couple of games but without a lot of success. Lord on cav/pegasus with grail code, virtue of temprance, crystall ball and rerollable AS looks quite nice.

Pulps

Pulps

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down