ETC Swiss Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

ETC 15 Debrief Liz

2 posters

Go down

ETC 15 Debrief Liz Empty ETC 15 Debrief Liz

Post  Pulps Tue 1 Sep - 9:40

Hi guys!

First of all thank you to the whole team: I spent a great week in Prague with you: around the tables and the rest of the time it had been just awesome.
A big gratitude also goes to Xavier for organasing everything (very well done) and for the Zay crew for the support Wink

I have to say, Im quite satisfied with my result on one hand, but as long as I use to be very critic and often negative when judging myself, I always have a sad feeling about my performance, since I could have done better with only a bit more of training and preparation. I think I really missed a good result because of some small faults; bad interpretations and lack of experience (and focusing). Surely a good lesson for the future but the overal feeling is a bit negative.

GAME 1, Wales: SKAVEN - King of the Hill

Standard skaven with 1 Greyseer on bell and 3 Fiends 2x guns, no storm banner
A match that I figured out to play and therefore prepared well, even if the matchup in my eyes is neither good or bad. He has many ways to get rid of your lookout on the slaan and threaten with cannons or the 13th spell. A lot of dangerous stuff force to a cautious play.
turn 1-2
He decides to play the first turns defensivly behind a hill but put the token fiends in an agressive position. I vanguard with som skinks on top of the token but he scatters just in front of them, having a clear shot on my razors. he gets some wounds but my fireback with 7 razors and tons of skinks is a slautgher and I get the fiends. He also scouts pretty bad with his gutters and I manage to get them with some good trades
His first magic phases are pretty huge (6+5 and 3+4 on winds) but I cant use my scroll so early in the game. despite having some great spells (pest, skortch, warpgale, 13th with powerscroll) he preferes to go for some zombie evocations in order to take the hill without risks. It helps me a lot.
Turn 3-5
I take the control of the game and kill or either redirect his zombies and clans. In turn 3 when I see how he placed the zombies blocking the clan with the bell and without considering his future magic Im almost sure to get the center. he figures it out a bit later (too late) and things are done. I manage to loose as less as possible and to get some zombie points and a warlock in cc.

15-5

GAME 2, Austria: Dwarves - Meeting engagement

2 rock throwers, 2 cannons, 30-40 xbows 3 gyro 2 bomber. Worst game in the whole tournament.
During my preparation before the etc I didn't realized that I would have played against a lot f dwarves (MISSTAKE nr1) and therefore I didnt recognized the big difference on deploying first or second in this scenario against dwarves. I deploy first and he can react to my deploying with his copters. Beside that Im not sure about his deployment putting 4 of his copter in a very aggressive position.
Turn 1-2
no first turn stealing and I start. everything forwards. a boosted soulqueench goes and along with the shooting phase I get 1 bomber and 1 copter.
He goes back with his copters behind the lines understanding that it wasnt a good move to play them so aggressive, and he only left one to slow the big razor unit.The battlefield is quite unfortunate for me (2 hills and an impassible on my side of the table placed parallel to the diagonal),forcing the slaan to be in line of sight of the wm for the inspiring presence. Despite the threaten of the razors he decides to get a lucky shot on the slaan with the 4 wm (a bit risky but a good choice I'd say), 4 los 1 missed but only 1 wound...pheew
Turn 3-4
Being afraid that he will try it the whole game without paying too much attention on the razors I decide to hide the slaan behind a hill and being a bit far from my first line: it put me in a unconfortable position. In 2 turns with magic and shooting im not able to get rid of his redirector copter which is a really pain in the ass. And there comes my MISSTAKE nr2: the player is the captain ande very often has to leave the game for some team mate issues, fine. He is joined by a lovely fiancée and he explaines everything he is doing (Dwarves) to her: too bad for me that I understand his german with a nice austrian accent), fine. At tunr 2 he starts bothering me that if a skink unit with slaan is in a lake is no more aquatic ant therefore they cannot march. I have to ask for a referee to explain him that I can move with the slaan first out of the unit (and march with him) and then march with the unit itslef. Too much blabla and he still wants me to move the slaan first in the right order even if I dont have to....Turn 3 I get a comet on total power with tettoeko, it only lands on turn 4 taking out 2 of his wm despite the rerolling. in the meantime he decides to shoot on my razors with everything, with bombers, xbows and wm he gets 4 razors total, and being bored and fed up by the whole game I idnt payed attention to remove the right razors and im out of range of the slaan for the panic test(I just took the last razor killed a couple of cm from the table, but when I put it down because I wanted to remove the right one, after spending the whole match saying "I want just a friendly game" he didnt let me remove the right one) he was totally right and the mistake was mine....but what a lovely player...
Turn 5-6
More kills here and there for him, I do nothing in magic despite the comet (without the spellbreaking ofc, he only uses the first one at turn 5 on a blizzard shard -_-') It would have been better with the big razor unit still there.

10-10

Pulps

Back to top Go down

ETC 15 Debrief Liz Empty Re: ETC 15 Debrief Liz

Post  Pulps Tue 1 Sep - 13:21

GAME 3, Hungary: Woodelves- Blood and glory

Moonstone with a big WW and a gladeguard list with only one kurnous if I remember correctly.
I feel myself pretty confident against that one.
Turn 1-2
He starts pretty aggressive with his moonstone WW, the kournos and the hawks, and probably underestimated a bit the razordons. I only get 1 vanguard with Tettoeko and decide to move forward the Oldblood on coldone in a choort unit. His shooting phases are quite though and the shadow lore is pretty annoing, but I'm also doing a lot of shooting and magic and his losses cost more than mine.
Turn 3-5
The oldblood takes 2 of the gladguard units. With the first one he teleports his WW Bunker just behind the cc to give the gen and bsb support. He passes a ld5 rerollable break test with the glades that would otherwise let reform my oldblood and charge with a sure 20-0 his bunker with my oldblood. I also get a comet on a juicy spot and 2 units of glades are hit and a single hawk. At turn 5 I realize that I can eventually break him on the blood and glory scenario and therefore focus all my shooting and magic on his kournos. Breaked on turn 6 and I also get a hero =P.

17-3

GAME 4, Netherlands: Ogre Kingdoms- Blood and glory (not sure)

3x leadbelchers and 2x ironcannon, heaven lore.
I do my maths and if he shoot with everything on my razors in one turn it can do too much damages and I'll loose too much shooting power. So I decide to play it cautiously but when I see that he bunker his army on a corner with 40 gnoblars in front and ask for a draw I understand that I probably missunderstood his approach (in my opinion he could have played the game with a very possible positive edge).
Not a lot to say about the match. I spend the whole game trying a boosted comet (with the tettoeko special rule it was quite a good plan, especially because his unit where all blocked by the gnoblars in front on one line) but despite the 25-30% of chances to get it nothing happened. He gaved me one cannon to gain time and I spent 3 turns to kill it (he offered me a beer when I get it with his congratulations Suspect )
I could have done more by the looks of things but I really wasnt expecting a drawy game from him

10-10

GAME 5, Latvia: Dwarves - Meeting engagement

4 wm with 2 organs, 5 copters,
Misstake NR 3. I decide to play the whole game with the slaan and the razor behind a hill because of the organs, and waiting for a boosted come from tetto (another 6 turns with no Total power....soo disappointing) But I just had to take some risks and try to push and rush him: the conditions with the battlefields the deploying and so on were quite in favor for me that time...I think I let him 4-5 points probably.

10-10

GAME 6, Greece, WE - Blood and glory

Moonstone and extraforest, 3 or 4 light mage and cavalry list with sisters.
I think I played pretty well. I vanguard in the center with both of the razors and 1 coohrt in a lake, at turn 1 I reform the coort in one line and jump the slaan in the unit: 3 units of skinks are blocking 3 forests and the slaan and the 2 razor are in the center of the table at turn one, ready for the gladeriders. He is quite a good player and it look to know what he is doing. But soon he recognizes to be in a bad spot and at turn 3 start to take more than 30min to move 4 units (4Units!!). I tell him that I want to do 6 turns in any case. The things are, that at the end of his turn 5 the referee comes and stay at our table telling to draw the turn...I have to finish at turn 5 and he has one unit with 2 sisters and one unit with 3-5 gladeriders. he was also on one line with the second unit of glaes and a hero, so nosteadfast in front of my oldblood finally with no escape ready to charge at turn 6 (I spent 2 turns to push him back into a corner)....Soo much regrett for that game...so much

10-10

Pulps

Pulps

Back to top Go down

Post  Dim Sat 5 Sep - 10:30

Thanks for the debrief, Pulps.

I did not realized you only played 5 turns against the greek wood elf. I think that the non-playing captain could help with those issues.
I think that what referee ask about preventing stalling is the following.

In the middle of the game you should go see the referee and say that it seems your opponent is trying to play slowly to prevent a major defeat.
They will warn the player, and maybe watch the end of the game. At some point they can decide a penalty or push the player.

This kind of things should be done by the non playing captain (Go get the referee), one more reason to have one.

I really liked your list, and I think this time you got better match ups than with orcs Rolling Eyes . Very well done against skavens in the 1st one. I think you could have played a bit more aggressively against ogres and dwarves, although this is just me doing theory hammer in my head. More practice would have helped there, but you never know in advance the kind of match up you are going to play ... unless we play something like the Warm up.

The combination of Paul not playing on UB and no "training week-end" is probably responsible for the lack of training against dwarves.

Dim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pulps Mon 7 Sep - 9:37

Concerning the Game against the greek WE. He was playing really slow (I'm not saying he was intentionally "stalling" the game, given the fact he was constantly in a bad situation, and between all my skinks, razors and the comet there was not a lot of room left where to hide his cav). As I didn't wanted to start arguing with him I said that I wanted to play 6 turns and he answerd "no prob we can stay longer". I didn't figured out that the referee would come at the overtime to ask finishing and stay there waiting till the end..... Neutral Neutral

It would have changed quite a lot the result of the game but what is done is done. Totally agree that a non-player captain would have been awsome...

Pulps

Pulps

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down