ETC Swiss Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 pièces (induction, ...
59.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal

How will we handle Death Magic

+6
KrogGar
Xavier
Pulps
Dim
Buchi
sevic
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How will we handle Death Magic - Page 2 Empty Re: How will we handle Death Magic

Post  Buchi Fri 19 Jul - 13:24

Though I mainly agree with the stated assessments - what does that mean for the pairing?

Are you going to do a matrix per list or just per type of list?

Buchi

Back to top Go down

How will we handle Death Magic - Page 2 Empty Re: How will we handle Death Magic

Post  Xavier Fri 19 Jul - 13:30

A matrix per list I assume, since this is how the program works.

Like for me, a Skaven with or without the wheel doesn't make much difference, so it will be the same result. But I'm guessing that for instance Andy, the expected result might change a bit Smile 
Xavier
Xavier
Admin

https://swiss-etc.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  2dipicche Sat 20 Jul - 17:26

Personally I don't fear death magic that much. The only spell that is really a pain in the ass for me is the sun but it has a random range and I can always try to dispell it. The advantage of my list is that sniper spells are not that powerful (as I can play models such the cannon really far from his army).

Shadows and light are much more annoying.

Sorry if I didn't write a lot lately but I was with my phone, I can assure you that I always read everything (lists too) and spoke about it with Pulps.
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  polux Sun 21 Jul - 23:52

I know it's kind of late about death and dwarves but here's my point :

Due to my experience it's very safe BUT even if I have never lost my anvil due to death (It's even very very rare that an elve player try to sun the anvil cause he is too far away, and trying a anvil kill wich fail can reult in a big catastrophy for his him if his mage is not safe with the still available anvil charge) I think it is maybe due to bad or mid player facing me so I would say it's a bit dangerous.

anyway with CV it wouldn't be as cool cause he can push and here I have bigger risk to loose the anvil (but not so automaticly lost: still the 4+ one pam and always more dice than him to dispel)
polux
polux

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Mon 22 Jul - 7:52

Paul - you can be sure, that the death mage will be in a kongalike stubborn unit and not in front or flank of that unit that you can reach. Now - where is the big danger in that?

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Gab Mon 22 Jul - 8:58

For me, death magic itself is not really a problem ( high ld, high initiativ on character except banshee, and i have take three Time LoV especially for manage against purple sun). I think i can handle with, but not in all the case : by example, if you take the DE list of France, the death lore is not a problem, but the cauldron is the biggest. But go against some death lore by exemple lizardmen, or WoC, or DWoC, or DoC is not really a problem i think.

For information, i have already start to analyse every other country armies to see which result i can give you to which matchups, considerating too the table where the game will be played. I should finish this to te end of the week. If you wish, i can make a .pdf file ( i said .pdf because i can not write the sort of file that Dim wants :-/ )
, and post my analysis.

ÉDIT : i'm not sure but about the star dragon and the purple sun, i think the model use the best characteristic of initiative of the model, so something like 6 or 7 for dragon, am i wrong ?

Gab

Back to top Go down

Post  Dim Mon 22 Jul - 10:19

@gab .txt means plain text. everything readable will do it. you can even copy paste it on the "armies from other countries subforum."
And you are wrong about the init test, each part of multi part model has to test separately(ETC FAQ).

@Buchi: If you come close to the dwarf player and near the edge of the battlefield (the anvil is in the corner), then with anvil of doom+ miners+rune of challenge with the rangers, a lot of things can happen. And I am not sure any elve unit can afford to fight against 70 dwarves.
But this is definitively a match Paul has to try.

Last edited by Dim on Mon 22 Jul - 16:46; edited 1 time in total

Dim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pulps Mon 22 Jul - 16:16

@Dim:

For "Group" you mean a kind of build? Could you please write an example?

Pulps

Pulps

Back to top Go down

Post  Dim Mon 22 Jul - 16:44

Example:

I want to caracterise all those skavens with bell and I think I will make something around 10-10
I write this.

<group>
<race> skavens </race>
<team> russia, wales, austria, malta, england, usa, italy, finland, germany, ukraine, norway, greece </team>
<result> 0 </result>
</group>

Dim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darksteve Mon 22 Jul - 17:53

@Dim:
A bit an Off-Topic-Question: why this "unclean" xml-format? Shouldn't it be like this:
<group>
<race> skavens </race>
<teams>
<team>russia</team>
<team>wales</team>
<team>austria</team>
<team>malta</team>
...</teams>
<result> 0 </result>
</group>

At least if you want to parse it nicely. But actually not that important, I'm just wondering Smile

darksteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Xavier Mon 22 Jul - 19:55

affraid 

scratch 
Xavier
Xavier
Admin

https://swiss-etc.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dim Tue 23 Jul - 8:06

Yes, it is half xml, but saves times and it sounds less complicated.
By the way I have a hand made parser, so I can parse this.

Dim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Wed 24 Jul - 6:47

@Dim - if he is close enough to the board edge, his flank ist protected by the board edge, as you will not have the room to fit in your miners - so as long as he stays 1 inch and 19 mm from the edge, you can do nothing from this flank.

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dim Thu 25 Jul - 7:29

Rangers can be also deployed on the board edge but with an angle say 45 degrees, so that when rune of challenge is activated, the elve unit which has to charge (or go off the battlefield) will no more protect his flank because of closing the door. Then miners enters next turn on the flank and the elve unit is ripped off.

Dim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Thu 25 Jul - 11:38

As the HE player knows, where the rangers are, it is pretty easy to have a redirector in front of the konga to prevent the charge in the first place. Razz 

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dim Thu 25 Jul - 13:42

Do you mean 5 ellyrians than can die from the throwing axes, crossbow and catapults at any moment?

Dim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Fri 26 Jul - 8:47

That might well be, but it is no option for the He either to sit there and let himself be shot slowly to death.
So he will liekely try to score, if this matchup is going to happen.

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ne ratez plus aucun deal !
Abonnez-vous pour recevoir par notification une sélection des meilleurs deals chaque jour.
IgnorerAutoriser