ETC Swiss Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

What matchups are we looking for?

2 posters

Go down

What matchups are we looking for? Empty What matchups are we looking for?

Post  Buchi Fri 17 Jun - 11:32

As we have started to discuss armylists, I find it a bit difficult to do so without knowing the intended strategy for our pairing.

Alan, would you mind to shed some light on how (ideally) you would like to pair us based on the armylists in their current state? Which army shall take on what kind of opponents? Which armies are destined to be put up first, while the opponent puts up 2 armies to choose from?

I would love to have a clearer picture on what you hope to achieve with the lists and what the reasoning behind them is.

Thanks in advance for your efforts!

Buchi

Back to top Go down

What matchups are we looking for? Empty Re: What matchups are we looking for?

Post  2dipicche Wed 22 Jun - 21:27

ok, exams finished. let's speak about real pairings Very Happy

we'll have:

Daemons
Dark Elves
Vampires
Lizards
Skaven
Dwarves
Empire
Orcs&Gobs - High Elves

Armies that can be divided in 3 categories:

Armies that try to score 20-0 :

Vampire
Daemons
Dark Elves

Armies for 15-5:

Skaven
Lizardmen
Orcs&Gobs - High Elves

Armies that try to stay on 10-10:

Dwarves
Empire

Obviously there are some restrictions depending on opponent armies (for example deamons cannot play against shooting armies or Dark Elves because they are easily countered)

My opinion about the new paring method is that this year will be really difficult to have easy matchups. I think it's easier to be thrown that to respond on ennemy armies because you can chose among 2 matches. (obviously throw vampires when the others still have daemons and DE is stupid Very Happy )
So for me is better not to write lists for a single match (what you could do in the past) but lists that can play against more ennemies.

Obviously it's possible to create some easy match where a 20 can be scored, don't know if you understand what i mean.

So in my opinion is better to have more armies that can easily score 14-6 without taking too many risks than have armies that score 20-0 and armies that make draws.
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  Buchi Thu 23 Jun - 7:18

Thanks for the reply!

I understand you very well and am thinking along the same lines in general.

What is of real help is your categories, as this is giving an indication, on what you expect from the army and in which direction we should be looking in trying to optimize the lists. Even though I have to say, that I am quite happy so far with what is proposed and would like to thank you, Alan, for your work!

Buchi

Back to top Go down

Post  2dipicche Thu 23 Jun - 11:16

easy Wink

now i'm free till second of july and i can try to do the best.

we have to send lists for the 14th of july (i'll be in a summercamp to work without internet so if we can write the lists before the 2 would be good, after they can be modified by pulp by the way. he will send them)
2dipicche
2dipicche

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down