ETC Swiss Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
TCL C74 Series 55C743 – TV 55” 4K QLED 144 Hz Google TV (Via ODR ...
499 €
Voir le deal

Infernal Dwarves

2 posters

Go down

Infernal Dwarves Empty Infernal Dwarves

Post  Math-CD Sat 19 Mar - 23:47

I played 11 turnament games with Infernal Dwarves in vo.12/0.99.

I played 8 games with the following list:

overlord: onyx hammer, 2+/4++, divine icon
overlord: lugar, gw, bluffer's helm
bsb 1+ /1+
1 khan on wolf
lvl 2 forge DS
lvl 2 forge tome of arcanes
29 citadel guards: fc, war standard
2x 20 orcs slaves
2 x 20 gob (1 x bows)
26 disciples of lugar
1 rocket launcher
1 titan mortar: earthquake
1 infernal engine

7 wins on 8 game. Loosing one against Arnaud's DE where I did a rules' mistake, so difficult to judge ID's strengh against DE. Overall I think the list is very reliable. Difficult to score against, good at shooting. The 2 mains combat unit w/ hatred are very powerful at combat. The little core units can play the chaff role in some defensive games.

A few things I pointed out after these 2 turnaments:
- the infernal engine doesn't score a lot of points and is killed quite easily because of large target, lack of WS and "only" 3+
- playing catapult need an engineer in my opinion to be reliable
- disciples are good, probably OP at the moment but can be managed easily by an army with a lot of chaff
- lack of things to managed opponent's chaff (lore of fire? light shooting?)
- lack of chaff (a least 1 more)
- no bunker for the engineer sucks. I lost him quite a few time because of that

That's why I move on to this list for today's turnament:
Overlord: gauntlets, blessed sword, 2+/4++
overlord: magic carpet, gw, lugar, bluffer's helm
BSB: hero sword, 1+/1+
2x 1 khan on wolf
lvl 2 forge +1 spell Lucky shield
lvl 1 fire engineer DS
30 citadel: war standard, fc
20 orcs
20 hobgob: MS
10 warriors: blunderbuss, M
1 titan mortar: earthquake
1 magma canon: bound deamon
25 disciples: fc, gw
2 x 1 hobgob bolt thrower

win 3 time against skav (2 war Platform, 2x6 jezzails, 2 wm), ogres and vampire (lamia, 4 morghats, lot of infantery, 5 chaff). Overall quite happy about the list, here are my comments:
- disciples are OP, will be nerfed for sure in v1 -> probably deamonic instability which will make them not so good
- the king of lugar is nice and funny but quite expensive and not really game breaker althought he can fly 18'
- the magma canon apocalypse canon is awesome! you moove turn 1, shoot turn 2 its shooting is just amazing against infantery
- the bunker w/ enge + titan mortar works good
- the 2 balists are incredibly good for their point cost, must have
- I liked the idea of having an "non combat" scoring unit :gobelins, which can go were I don't need power, a much more mobile unit like centaurs could be better althought

In conclusion quite happy about ID. If disciples are nerfed in v1 I would probably remove the overlord on carpet + disciples (675 pts) to play 2 units of taurukh anointed or maybe like 6 anointed and 2 times 5 normal taurukh which are not so bad quite cheap (like 130 pts for 5 guys 2A S6 on the charge per model, 3+ T4) and can score objective. Being more mobile would be great in my opinion and add some versality to the list. The anointed w/ S5 T5 3+ pary are quite good (and 3 s6 or 7 on the charge). I would in all case stick around:

General bsb citadel guards (maybe +1 M standard rather than war standard?)
10 warrior + engi. fire + titan mortar
lvl 2 +1 forge
bound deamon flame thrower
2 balists
2 or 3 khans
2-3 cheap core units

The rest of the point has to be think carefully in v1. Probably without lugars which are really OP and everybody is talking about them on the 9A forum.

Maybe just a last thing: I tried the flying king of lugar who can fly 18 with flying carpet & rentless. I think it's a good option but I would be interested to try the visier with carpet, lugar gw for half the cost of the overlord (130 vs 260). The little guy can still hunt wm, attack ennemy's bunker unit with naked characters, play the emergency chaff role, chaff clearer. The only diff is with 2 w and no bluffer's helm he will day quicker so i would not send him against big units or too strong units.

My though if: if the lugars gets heavily nerfed on v1 why not play him + 5 lugars. The lugars would play a chaff role and the little guy has auto LoS at the start of the game before flying where needed. And w/ 4A St7 on the charge the guy can be scary for some unit.

Wait & See but a really good book for ID at the moment!

Math-CD

Back to top Go down

Infernal Dwarves Empty Re: Infernal Dwarves

Post  polux Sun 20 Mar - 15:02

I like the list but I also think the lurgar will get nerfed.

However I don't agree for the iron deamon, I find it pretty good for just one reason:
He is easy to kill with warmachine but the enemy warmachines will probably target yours first (especially with an earthshake mortar). For the rest T7 is almost enough (especially with poison nerf all over).

Right now you don't need him but if you get ride of the lugars he could be a good choice.

Good job for the fri-fight BTW cheers
polux
polux

Back to top Go down

Post  Math-CD Fri 25 Mar - 8:32

Hi paul! Thx for your comment. I would rather play the infernal engine in a "large target" and more offensive list.

At the moment I think I would play with 3 WM in special + 2 BT to force my opponent to come to me. Then I would stay with my 2 combat units w/ overlord because hatred is amazing. I would just decrease sharply the cost of the 2nd overlord because he's only there to bring hatred.

The list looks like this:
Overlord: blessed sword, gauntlets of maazab, bluffer's helm, talisman of SS, shield: 218
Overlord: gw, icon of lugar: 165
Visier: hardened shield, hero sword, sprout of rebirth, bsb: 170
2 x 1 Khans: wolf, light armour, lance, shield: 124
Magus: lvl 2 forge, tome of arcanes, Lucky shield: 130
Magus: engineer, lvl 1 fire, DS: 135

28 Citadel Guards: FC, banner of speed: 366
20 Orcs Slaves: M: 70
10 Warriors: M, blunderbusses: 95
20 Hobgobelins: MS: 95
25 disciples of lugar: FC, GW: 405
1 Titan Mortar: Earthquake Shells: 160
1 Titan Mortar: 130
1 Rocket Launcher: 100
2 x 1 Bolt Thrower: 80
5 Hobgobelins on Wolf: 55

I like the idea of having 5 WM. They should be able to deal with threats like chariot or monster. One main weakness in my opinion: mobility. Therefore it's very difficult to play breakthrought with this list. But the other 2 are playables since the 2 combat blocks are very strong.

Let's see what comes out in v1.

Math-CD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down