ETC Swiss Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment :
Disque dur SSD CRUCIAL P3 1 To (3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2)
Voir le deal
65.91 €

9th age feedback

Go down

9th age feedback Empty 9th age feedback

Post  Dim Fri 14 Aug - 18:58

Hello everyone,

I open this topic to gather feedback on 9th age alpha.
We have to decide what comes as an official feedback from Switzerland ETC team, and what not.

I post my ideas/bugs spot/wishes for 9th age:

BUGS:

infantery on hill + regrowth, half models because height more than 2? This seems silly.
Hill should give +2 in height for purpose of line of sight only.
Adapt vocabulary when refering to height/size: either number (1,2,3,4) or name (small medium, ...), but try to be consistent?
Pike does not do killing blow against monstruous cav?

QUESTIONS:
Metal allows 0+ armor saves? (Maybe precise that max 1+ can be achieved in the spell description?)
Overwhelming dispel, is it normal that I cannot find it?

Combat reforms: can we stop the 4+ non sense to whom starts to reform? (I guess this is the active and reactive player kinf of business)

SUGGESTIONS: Make the boost to infantry conditional:

Formations:

Formation: A player choose a formation for one of his units during deployment.
He can change the formation of one of his units during a reform or while reforming from victory.

A unit can choose a formation between the ones made available by its equipment or its special rules.
A unit maintaining a formation cannot march and has a charge range reduced to D6+movement, unless otherwise specified.

Skirmishers cannot adopt formations.

Examples of formations:

-Square: This is the default formation of a unit. A unit maintaing this formation can march and charges on 2D6 +M.
-Shield wall: +2 to AS against shooting coming from the front arc, 5+ parry save in CC. (requires shield)  (one should have Vikings show in mind when looking at this)
-Turtle: Same a Shield wall, but the unit has no flank and rear. A unit maintaining this formation cannot move or charge.

-Pike wall: ASF against units engaged in the front. If additionally the enemy unit is of troop type Cavalry, Monstrous Cavalry and Chariot, the unit obtain the Killing Blow special rule.
-Hedgehog: Same rules than for Pike wall, but the unit has no flanks and rears. A unit maintaining this formation cannot move or charge.

If a unit is disorganized, the formation revert back to square.

When reforming from victory, a unit can take a -3LD test to change formation.

A unit maintaining a formation cannot reform amid defeat while maintaining a formation:

If a unit is maintaining a formation and the break test is succesfull, the unit has to take a LD test with usual modifiers. I case of failure, the unit loose its formation (back to square). In case of success, the unit can either keep its formation or either do a normal reform amid defeat and loose its formation.

Shooting:

bonuses to hit large targets and units with more than 20 infantery models, (adapt number in function of troup type)
interfering units and covers should stack.

VP: Please give VP away when part of a multi part model is slain ( i.e. dragon/screaming bell) or even half points if more than 75% LP of a monster are gone.
A dead dragon is still a loss, even if the rider is alive...

Dim
Admin

Back to top Go down