ETC Swiss Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Le Deal du moment :
TCL C74 Series 55C743 – TV 55” 4K QLED 144 ...
Voir le deal
499 €

SWISS TEAM 2014

+4
KrogGar
darksteve
Dim
Xavier
8 posters

Go down

SWISS TEAM 2014 Empty SWISS TEAM 2014

Post  Xavier Sat 15 Mar - 12:19

Hello everyone.

As promised, I release the list of players that will take part in the ETC 2014 in Serbia.
However, I have to tell you important news. This is the last time we work on a captain's sole decision for the team. Next year will see the breakthrough of democracy in the ETC process (I'll explain later how)

But first thing come first, the list:

Xavier Panchard (c)
I'll be there with my Bretonians to try to make take out bad matchups and allow you to score  Smile 
Victor Rossier
A very versatile player. He will most likely play Skaven, since he proved us last year he can handle them very well. He is one of the most talentuous player at my disposal, and of course one of the first name on my list.
Stefan Wanger
Raphael having given up, we need a vampire player and that's why Stefan switches from Skaven to Vampires. With Buchi, probably the most talented swiss german player so again, obvious choice.
Dimitri Zaganidis
Despite a mediocre result last year, he proved us that he was still a very talented Empire player, and therefore deserved his place in the team for 2014.
Kris Leibundgut
Since Alan could not make it, he is our most valuable player in Deamons, and therefore a logical choice.
Arnaud Abt
Very regular player, always in the top of the rankings. He can play both Ogers and DE, and at least one of those armies will be taken with us in Serbia.
Paul Berclaz
An impressive result with dwarves both in 2012 and 2013, as well as very interesting tournaments in the last months. He can play WE, Dwarves or Chaos Dwarves, and will therefore be our sacrificed player  Laughing 
Andy Geiser
There too, one of the best player we have, and who proved he can't be very competitive with his result during the last TPE. He can play both HE and DE at a very high level, also an obvious choice.

Coach : Francesco Zay
Awesome job last year, and very close to be playing in the team this year! Maybe we'll be needing another coach in 2015  Very Happy 

Missing players: Thomas Buchholz, Jonathan Pralong, Alan Roncoroni, Filip Grebac
-> their absence give the opportunity to other players to play at the ETC, and I hope that the new players will allow us to achieve a good result nonetheless  Smile 

To come back of the way of selecting players, as I said this will be the last time the decision will lay solely on the responsability of the captain.
I made my choice, after observing each player for years now, and I based my choice on the ability of each player to play in a competitive environment and secure solid results in every situation. Of course, things would be easier for me if I could take everyone with me, because there are for sure other players that deserve to be in the team, but only 8 spots were available and a choice was to be made.

For next year things will be slightly different. Here is how it may look like:
1) after the ETC, the 8 players taking part will be asked to vote for a new captain for the year to come (the current captain will be able to undo a possible tie) and this captain will have the responsability to choose a working group of about 20 people interested in the ETC and lead discussions and trainings.
2) After Divination, the working group chosen by the captain will be revealed and submit to dicussion.
3) Throughout the year, we will play and train as usual
4) Shortly after the TPE, a big vote will be casted. The modalities are not yet fixed into stone, but here is an blink into what it could look like:
The community will vote for the ETC team, everyone among the Top40 of T3 will be asked to deliver a list of 8 players with armies and justification of why those choices.
Each player will have one vote, plus 1 additional vote for each ETC played to a max of 3. The captain will be granted 5 votes.
The choices and justifications of each player will be revealed to everyone, to avoid people voting for their friends since they will have to justifiy their votes.
After the first round, the 4 players with most vote will be in the team for the ETC, while the players ranked from 5-12 will go through a second turn to chose the places 5-8 and complete the team.

This way, we will have an ETC Team of the players, by the players, for the players  cheers 

Xavier
Xavier
Admin

https://swiss-etc.bbactif.com

Back to top Go down

SWISS TEAM 2014 Empty Re: SWISS TEAM 2014

Post  Dim Sat 15 Mar - 13:49

Nice! Congrats to all!

and who proved he can't be very competitive with his result during the last TPE

I guess you meant the converse Smile

Let us start training and stuff! I guess we have to start thinking about a team metagame to decide who plays what.

For me auto include are:

Daemons, vampire.
Empire, Brets, I guess we have no choice there.

Orcs would be great since number of death lvl 3-4 casters is reduced to 2 by team now, and a valuable tool in match ups (against warriors of chaos, brets, empire, high elves with dragon prince bus, dark elves with warlock bus, daemons with prince ?

High elves/Dark elves seems very good.
Ogre kingdoms with maxed out leadbealchers can be a good counter to elves.

Skavens are as strong as last year, maybe even more, so also good.

What are your thought?

Dim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  darksteve Sat 15 Mar - 15:23

Thx for the List and to be part of the team. Also congrats to all others Smile

darksteve

Back to top Go down

Post  KrogGar Sat 15 Mar - 15:39

Thanks for the trust =)
Congratz to all of the team!
I'm looking forward to this event!

Would be cool, if there would be one non-playing coach more (prefferd someone of the germanspeaking part)^^
Anyone interessted? Very Happy

KrogGar

Back to top Go down

Post  ElDorte Sat 15 Mar - 15:57

Good luck to the Team.

Hope you will have fun and make us proud  cheers 

ElDorte

Back to top Go down

Post  sevic Sat 15 Mar - 17:30

Thx  Very Happy 

Now time to metagame!

sevic

Back to top Go down

Post  ABT Sat 15 Mar - 18:04

Yes of course. First of all. Thanks xavier. It s an honour.
Secondly. I think that we need to know wich armies we ll take and will be the way to use it. This is metagame?
I m thinking about lists for both of my armies: dark elves and ogres. With last restrictions.
I ll post it on the forum asap. But i ll need time for my studies too, like every one i think.
Captain we are waiting for informations. ;-)
See you guys. Happy to be with each of you

ABT

Back to top Go down

Post  polux Sun 16 Mar - 12:51

Thank you very much for selecting me Xavier, I'm already looking forward to this ETC!!
polux
polux

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down